Jewelry Care instructions:
- Always protect your jewellery from scratching, chemicals, perfume and heat/cold.
- Your jewellery will age and tarnish naturally so if you want to keep your pieces in pristine condition, clean your jewellery regularly, using a professional jewellery cleaning product. Always read the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Be aware of tarnish which may occur as a result of oxidisation, caused by the interaction of silver or gold FILLED jewellery with oxygen or sulphur as well as with certain acids. Keeping Jewelry in a small ziplock baggie can slow down the oxidization process
- Never go swimming wearing your jewellery, as chlorine in swimming pools can cause damage to all metals and will erode gold jewellery.
- Avoid wearing while cleaning, gardening or performing sports activities.
- Do not let your jewellery come into contact with nail polish removers, perfume or hairspray.
Keep silver jewellery away from harsh chemicals like household cleaning fluids as they create abrasions and reduce the lustre of the metal. Cleaning silver jewellery is best done with a professional jewellery cleaning product. Thoroughly dry your silver jewellery after exposure to water.
As with Sterling Silver Jewelry, keep gold filled jewellery away from harsh chemicals. Cleaning gold jewellery is best done with warm water and detergent free soap. Thoroughly dry your jewellery after exposure to water.
WHAT IS GOLD FILLED?
Gold-filled jewelry has 100x more gold alloy than gold plated and because that layer is so much thicker, it means gold-filled jewelry lasts longer and stands up to wear and tear better than gold plated.